Integumentary is colloquially known as the skin and is an organ system which has many functions. It is important to have an understanding of the skin with relation to clinical physiotherapy practice. Physical therapists may utilize surgical instruments, wound irrigations, dressings and topical agents to remove the damaged or contaminated tissue and promote tissue healing. Other commonly used interventions include exercise, edema control, splinting, and compression garments. The work done by physical therapists in the integumentary specialty do work similar to what would be done by medical doctors or nurses in the emergency room or triage.
- Track 1-1 Electrical Muscle Stimulator
- Track 2-2 Manual physical therapies
- Track 3-3 Wound Management
- Track 4-4 Scar Management
- Track 5-5 Fitting/ordering of adaptive, assistive, or protective equipment
- Track 6-6 Strengthening exercise